Thursday, August 27, 2015

Work in Progress: Reboot Cuff

This week I’m working on refurbishing a bracelet design from many years ago. I recently pulled some old jewelry out of my stash and starting wearing it, and I was happy to discover that although I had decided to take most of them out of my shop for one reason or another, they’re actually right at home in my own wardrobe. One of my favorite pieces right now is a right angle weave cuff with a fall ombré palette. I like it so much that I really want to see if I can rework it to fit my shop right now.

Blue Ombre RAW Cuff in Progress


It took a while to decide how I was going to work the pattern, since there’s very few ways to create any kind of order in openwork raw like this. Most rows are shared with other sections, so stripes aren’t easily rendered. As I was imagining different possibilities, I thought of doing black and white stripes between sold cells of color and a little lightbulb went on.

I decided to keep the 3-bead cells intact for now, so I had to go with alternating rows of black and white instead of stripes within them, but so far I’m loving how it looks. I’m planning to add a little ombré to this new cuff as well, but all in blue.

Alexandria Broad Collar


The new broad collar that I was working on turned out perfectly, even though the hammer shell heishi are a little bulky. The pattern of 8/o and 6/o beads along the center nets came out especially nice, and I plan to incorporate it into a similar design sometime in the future. I also found time to whip up a strung necklace with turquoise glass and gold pearls.

What are you making this week?

Copyright 2015 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


5 comments:

  1. Love the collar ! It`s gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete



  2. to me













    Hi, Mortira! I love the collar and the turquoise and gold necklace. I wanted to tell you that when I saw your pics of the collar in progress the other day, it got me going on a creativity spree. I like how you used the shell beads--I never would have thought to incorporate shells into netting like that. Seeing that inspired me to tackle some shell heishi that I've had lying around for a while, and the past few days I've been destashing up a storm! Wednesday night I was creating different bracelet sets until 5 in the morning. I finally found a use for some shell beads that I had long since given up on, and, perhaps even better, I've got a lot of ideas for different seed bead leftovers that have been taking up space for way too long. So anyway, thanks for the inspiration! Now if I can only take a break long enough to get some sleep. :)

    P.S. Love the turquoise picasso drops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia! It sounds like a pretty great fuse was lit! Hopefully it'll keep on rolling. I love it when one little spark turns into lots of great project ideas.

      Delete
  3. Love the collar! I'm making beaded beads like mad. Every which way I can. So many times I turn to your blog for how tos. Thank. You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaded beads are such satisfying projects! I'm glad you're enjoying the tutorials. They've been a little light lately, but hopefully I'll be able to add some new projects and stitches soon.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com